LTEN General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) Compliant Data Collection Awareness
LTEN values the privacy of all LTEN members and colleagues. LTEN treats all data provided by members with the highest integrity, not sharing data beyond the business needs of members.
LTEN utilizes systems that have data safeguards. LTEN Annual Conference has provided a mobile app and a virtual platform with contact scanning and sharing. Should you allow your badge to be scanned, visit a virtual booth, a live or virtual Learning Lab or workshop, exhibitors or member attendees will have access to your data, including name, organization, phone, address and email. Note that each technology and platform provides privacy settings allowing you a measure of security and choice over what data is shared.
By registering for this event, you have opted into the Photography/Videography/Audio Recording Policy with your conference registration. Please recall that LTEN and its affiliates may capture your image, which may be used for the promotion of LTEN to members and prospective members or partners.
Effective Date: June 2018
- Information We Collect.
- Technical Information gathered automatically. When you browse our Website without registering or signing in, you do so anonymously. Generic information from server logs is used to track the number of hits to the Website and to find out what types of browser software and operating systems visitors use.
- Personal Information you provide to us. On various pages of the Website, you will have an opportunity to provide information to us about yourself, such as your name, address, place of employment, job title, photograph, phone number, and email address. You may provide this information when you register with the Website or send a message on the Website. In addition, when you register on our Website or send a message on the Website, your personally identifiable information, including your email, will be added to our customer database and distribution list.
- Financial Information: LTEN may collect credit or debit card information to facilitate a transaction.
- Use of Information. Parts of the Website are informational in nature and publicly available to all users. Consequently, until you participate in surveys, chats, programs, or events, create an account on the Website, join LTEN to become a member, and/or register your name for networking with or request information from LTEN, you are able to browse the Website without providing any personally identifiable information, although your browser may tell us what type of computer and operating system you are using as well as other kinds of technical information. Below, LTEN sets forth more detail on how LTEN uses your personally identifiable information.
- Demographic Information: LTEN may share demographic data on an aggregated basis, which will not identify any particular user, with LTEN’s members, partners and affiliates and for advertising or other technical or business purposes.
- Financial Information: LTEN will use financial information to facilitate the order of a service or other identified transactions.
- Survey Results: LTEN may share survey results collected through the Website with its business partners, members, and affiliates and/or the general public, the news media, and with the U.S. Government and state governments, not only for business or marketing purposes or as may be required by law, but also to participate in government programs and initiatives.
- Technical Information: LTEN will use this information to facilitate educational opportunities, provide content, participation, or otherwise allow access to or use of certain information, tools, or features and for improving the Website’s performance, usability, and design. ATD may also use technical information to help diagnose problems with LTEN’s servers, analyze Website usage trends, track user movements on the Website, and to otherwise manage and monitor the Website.
- Legal Action: LTEN may disclose personally identifiable information when legally required to do so in accordance with government requests or regulations or legal proceedings. LTEN may also disclose personally identifiable information to protect against misuse or unauthorized use of the Website or as is otherwise required to limit legal liability, protect or defend LTEN’s rights, property, or interests, or protect the safety, rights, or property of LTEN’s users.
- Children’s Privacy. LTEN cares about the safety of children on the Website and encourages parents and guardians to monitor their children’s use of the Internet. Although the Website is suitable for a general audience, this Website is intended for use only by users who are over 18 years of age. Accordingly, LTEN does not knowingly solicit personally identifiable information from children under the age of 18 and reserves the right to limit participation in particular activities on or through Website to individuals above a certain age.
- Collection of Information by Third-Party Websites. We sometimes may offer content (e.g., promotions) that is sponsored by or co-branded with an identified third party. In these instances, the third party may obtain information that you voluntarily submit to participate in a Website activity. We have no control over the third party’s use of this information. The Website will notify you at the time of information collection if a third party will obtain such information.
- Your Choices. We may use the personally identifiable information we collect from you to offer you products and services that may be of interest to you. LTEN makes its customer, conference attendee, networking or course registrant and some webcast registrant lists available to other reputable organizations whose products or offerings may be of interest to the LTEN community. If you would like to opt out of receiving these materials (electronic or hard copy), you may contact LTEN directly by email at info@L-TEN.org or by following the unsubscribe instructions of the communication received. Additionally, you may select the content and offerings you wish to receive. To select your preferences, see the “Members” section of www.L-TEN.org and select the Update Your Profile option from the dropdown menu. Once logged in, you’ll be directed to your profile page where you will select “Profile” and “Information & Settings. ”Please note: all new and renewing LTEN members will receive a welcome and orientation email from LTEN explaining how to access member-only benefits and content.
- Data Security. We have implemented commercially reasonable technical and organizational security measures to protect personally identifiable information submitted to us against accidental loss, unauthorized access, misuse, disclosure or alteration of information that we have collected from you at our Website that is under our control. Please be aware, however, that no method of data transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic data storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to protect your personally identifiable information, we cannot guarantee the absolute security, integrity, and privacy of any or all information exchanged between you and us through the Website. We make no warranty, express, implied or otherwise, that we will prevent unauthorized access to or use of your personally identifiable information.
- California Privacy Rights. California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits users of the Website who are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for such third parties’ direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please write to us at the address below.
- Contacting Us. Comments or questions can be directed to the Life Sciences Trainers & Educators Network by using our contact information. We will respond to reasonable requests (as determined by Life Sciences Trainers & Educators Network staff) for information as rapidly as possible, subject to both our discretion and legal limitations. You may write to us at:
Life Sciences Trainers & Educators Network
Attention: Director, Member Services
4423 Pheasant Ridge Road, Ste. 100
Roanoke, VA 24014